[Cin] cpu debug patch for Andrea

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 20:40:01 CEST 2021

On Saturday, July 17, 2021, Andrea paz <gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com> wrote:

> By default I had the "schedutil" (dynamic) governor. I recently
> changed to "ondemand" (dynamic) without noticing much improvement on
> geekbench. Now I put "performance" and tried load/play/encode as
> before. The result is always the same. See cpu-count-performance.txt.
>
> The audio errors were not in the previous attachment because this time
> I tried playback with "fast forward/reverse" as well as "normal
> fastword/reverse". The errors occurred only with fast ...

but resulting file was with normal audio?

you can try insane fast forward speed like 10, or until it broke.... (i
hope it will not, but there currently no limit at how big this value can
be.. because I do not know what limit i should put in)

it will be amazing if you left patches in for some days of normal cin
usage... something not obvious on simple usage may surface...

> Even at geekbench I don't notice much improvement:
>
> schedutil:
> single-core 1390
> multi-core  9598
>
> ondemand:
> s-c         1398
> m-c         9648
>
> performance:
> s-c         1388
> m-c         9935

still +400 multicore points... if you do not mind power usage/temps/fan
noise...

thanks for patiently testing all those patch iterations!