[Cin] offtop: new rt kernel?

Dominique Michel dominique.c.michel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 12:33:15 CEST 2021

Le Sat, 17 Jul 2021 16:14:40 +0300,
Andrew Randrianasulu via Cin <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org> a écrit :

> I wonder how it may interact with Cinelerra(s) - because there we use
> threads and some internal scheduling tricks....

Using the last stable rt kernel on ~amd64 gentoo system (stable kernel
and a mix of something like testing and live installations for the
rest of the software). I have been using rt kernels from years (at least
from distributions like Agnula, with Suse and Debian making my own rt
kernel and now with gentoo from years) and never looked back. I like the
simplicity of the solution implemented into the rt sources. It is easy
to configure, flexible (you can configure it for any kind of rt
workload as long you don't need latencies lower than the ms.) and
it just do the work it is intended for.