[Cin] Cinelerra package por Debian

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 15:14:19 CEST 2021

David,
We switched from Operating System packages and tars to AppImage.  However,
the Elive system is kindly offering a Debian package at:
 : http://repository.elivecd.org/pool/multimedia/c/cinelerra-gg/ and just
installed manually (dpkg -i )
It is dated 14-Jun-2021.  However, I did not specifically relay to him
about adding the Alt/h hotkey documentation and since he had automated the
procedure, it is probably not there (which does not affect your usage and
you can continue to use the manual however and if you were already doing
so).

If you wish to switch to the AppImage, it is extremely easy to use.
1) download
https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/images/CinGG-20210531-x86_64.AppImage
    or
https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/images/CinGG-20210531-x86_64.AppImage-older_distros.AppImage
2) in a window make the file executable:   chmod +x
CinGG-20210531-x86_64.AppImage
3) to start up Cinelerra, in a window type in:   {where you put
it}/CinGG-20210531-x86_64.AppImage

Meanwhile, I will inform the Elive developer about the Alt/h hotkey.