[Cin] Short list of what is currently being worked on here

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Tue May 11 19:15:02 CEST 2021

On Tuesday, May 11, 2021, Andrew Randrianasulu <randrianasulu at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 11, 2021, Phyllis Smith via Cin <
> cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org> wrote:
>

>> Andrew,
>>
>> 5) *Histogram plugin* changes from HV 7.3 to include the option *for
>>>>

>>> Is there any way to view hv 7.3 sources online?
>>>

>> There is now ! https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/testing/histogram-7-3/
>> and https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/testing/histogram-7-2/
>>
>> I put the 7-2 version out there temporarily because by comparing the 7.2
>> and 7.3, it is very easy to see the Luma changes.  I had no problem getting
>> the changes into the .h files (and into the window and config files), but
>> obviously it is the histogram.C code itself that I do not comprehend.
>>

> I 'diff - u' two files and obvious commment popped out:
>

> +// calculate histograms for the RGB channels &
> +// the VALUE channel only if not automatic RGB
>

> So May be it works as intended?

Yet diff between 7.3 and - gg is much larger, and I tend to agree changes
between two not just cosmetic (

Obvious diff for example between

// Do each channel
- for(int i = 0; i < HISTOGRAM_MODES; i++)
- {
- if((!do_value && i < 3) ||
- (do_value && i == 3))

- {
- int *accum = this->accum[i];
- int pixels = data->get_w() * data->get_h();
- float white_fraction = 1.0 - (1.0 - config.threshold) / 2;

And

+ for( int i=0; i<3; ++i ) {
+ int64_t *accum = this->accum[i];
+ int64_t sz = data->get_w() * data->get_h();
+ int64_t pixels = sz * frames;
+ float white_fraction = 1.0 - (1.0 - config.threshold) / 2;

But there also difference in shader code, calculating num. Of cpus,
configuration and even algorithm (?)...