[Cin] cannot seem to get an overlay to be 100% opaque

nospam me nonoobspam at gmail.com
Tue May 25 04:04:04 CEST 2021

Is it possible to have a video 100% opaque over a larger one in the
background?

Yes, see attached.  I am not sure what the problem is but maybe another
user will have an idea of what might be going wrong.
Meanwhile, I will see if I can duplicate your scenario.

On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 9:37 PM Phyllis Smith via Cin <
cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org> wrote:

> Is it possible to have a video 100% opaque over a larger one in the
>> background?
>>

> Yes, see attached.  I am not sure what the problem is but maybe another
> user will have an idea of what might be going wrong.
> Meanwhile, I will see if I can duplicate your scenario.

---
Hello Phyllis,

Thank you for your assistance.  Yes this is exactly what I'm looking to do.

I've been doing a lot of googling, and old post mentioned to try fiddling
with the camerra/projector along with crop feature.

I am able to achieve my goal that way, but it is quite time consuming and
error prone.

It certainly would be nice if a video is cropped, and I select normal (or
whichever mode) from patchbay overlay selector and it "just work"