[Cin] arm/termux series (possibly broken on x86)

mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl
Wed Nov 17 15:02:34 CET 2021

On Wed, 17 Nov 2021 01:07:05 -0700
Phyllis Smith via Cin <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org> wrote:

> *MatN,*
>
> > If you are modifying configure.ac anyway, I suggest to comment out
> > the line about "no-unknown-warning-option" ?
> > It causes no end of useless warnings.
> >
> Good suggestion. It will be done.

Thanks.

> > Also, the detection of the number of cpus (about line 143) is done
> > by a very specific Linux method /proc/cpuinfo) , which does not
> > work on FreeBSD and macOS.
> >
> So I do an exact replacement from:
>       CPUS=`grep -c "^proc" /proc/cpuinfo`
> to:
>       CPUS=`nproc`
> Is that correct?

Yes, but wait a little until I have tested it again.
I see that bld.bsd already patches the makefile to use
the FreeBsd equivalent. That would remove the need to create an alias
with the name nproc before building.
On macOS I am awaiting test results.

Debian 11 on arm 64 bit fails building, something about configure not
recognizing the "build" . Must look into that.

MatN