[Cin] mpeg2 encoding with ffmpeg (for dvd, from doom9 forums)

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 17:21:16 CET 2021

> I tried to create mpeg2 two-pass video profiles according to
>

> https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/CinelerraGG_Manual/Two_pass_Encoding_with_FFmp.html
>
> and info above
>
> see attached (I tested those on android, so cin_stat_file must be altered
> for more generic logfile location)
>
> Note, second pass will crash if logfile was not created or removed...
>

>> As starting point  for first shot just increase bitrates to BD-levels?
>>
>> In doing a quick test of the 2 pass mpeg this morning after changing the
location of the logfile, it worked.  But it did put out a couple of error
messages on pass 2which I am not too sure about.  However, when I ran pass
2 without having run pass 1 first, it put out correct standard error
messages and did not crash - which is good.  Attached you will see the 2
error messages on pass 2 as also shown below.  And my audio was not set up
to work but I am not sure if 2 passes even allow for that.
FFStream::encode_frame: encode failed.
file: /tmp/junbefore1.mpeg
  err: Operation not permitted
FFStream::flush failed