[Cin] Testing HDV on a Blu-ray Disc Without Re-encoding

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 01:42:14 CET 2021

Den 25.11.2021 06:05, skrev Andrew Randrianasulu:

> On Thursday, November 25, 2021, Terje J. Hanssen
> <terjejhanssen at gmail.com <mailto:terjejhanssen at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     Den 24.11.2021 23:29, skrev Andrew Randrianasulu:
>

>             # Is it possible to blank out the empty structures written to
>             DVD+RW, in case it require a blank disc?
>

>         not sure..

I quick formatted the DVD+RW disc with K3b, and did a new attempt from
start worked. Not sure what solved the first time issue, but now it worked.

>         try also to burn resulted image with some gui software? (just
>         in case..)

The /tmp/BD_HDV_20081103140154_m2t-eac3_m2ts.udfs directory structure?

>     It would be of interest if optional procedures with GUI tools
>     could be set up and tested to create Blu-ray video discs, tsMuxer
>     and/or MP4Box istead of FFMeg if  possible (I don't know em)  and
>     K3b with support for Blu-ray discs?
>

> yeah, i'll try to adapt somescript found in blog [*] for creating
> .meta file for tsmuxer.
> mp4box probably should me nentioned somewhere in manual  as way to get
> pcm-in-mp4 output
>
>     (My experience with K3b mostly has been with recording raw
>     videofiles from HDD to BD-R data discs for backup purposes, which
>     lastly ended with firmware issues for the newer editions BD-R discs).
>

>     Below added my latest successful test:
>
>     ****************************************************
>
>     New test using DVD+R disc and growiso instead:
>

>     # The DVD+R disc is written OK
>     # Open the top BDMV with VLC from Gnome Files starts playing the
>     video.
>

> cool, patience win!
>
> But.. does it play in hw player?

Both the DVD+RW abd DVD-R discs works with VLC media player.

But my Samsung UHD Blu-ray player put out the discs saying "Cannot play
the disc, not according to the specification".
Not surprising really; DVD discs with BDMV structure and a HDV.m2ts
media file.
Will try at a later oportunity to burn and test it with a real BD-RE disc.

> [*] -
> https://www.google.com/amp/s/irishjesus.wordpress.com/2010/10/17/blu-ray-movie-authoring-in-linux/amp/
> <https://www.google.com/amp/s/irishjesus.wordpress.com/2010/10/17/blu-ray-movie-authoring-in-linux/amp/>
>
> ====
> function mux_bluray_assets {
>  echo 'Muxing streams and generating BDMV file structure'
>  # create the metafile needed by tsMuxeR
>
>  echo "MUXOPT --no-pcr-on-video-pid --new-audio-pes --blu-ray --vbr
> --custom-chapters=00:00:00.000;00:05:00.000;00:10:00.000;00:15:00.000;00:20:00.000;00:25:00.000
> --split-size=2GB --vbv-len=500" > $TSMUXER_META
>  echo "V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC, \"$H264_FILE\", fps=23.976, insertSEI,
> contSPS, ar=As source" >> $TSMUXER_META
>  echo "A_LPCM, \"$WAV_FILE\", lang=eng" >> $TSMUXER_META
>
>  # mux the two files and generate the BR-structure
>  $TSMUXER $TSMUXER_META $BDMV_PATH >>mkbdmovie.log 2>&1
> }

Yeah, the url above is one of the references I have saved and written to
pdf.
But sorry, I  don't understand much of the script.

What I meant with gui tools above, was it would be useful (if time
allows later) with gui procedure steps for MP3Box and tsMuxer?
For K3b there already is a couple of references regarding burning
Blu-ray discs:
https://www.debugpoint.com/2018/08/burn-blu-ray-disks-ubuntu-linux-k3b/
https://askubuntu.com/questions/1306860/k3b-cant-burn-blu-ray-disc-mkisofs-crashes

Terje J. H