[Cin] Crash when using OpenEXR image sequence

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 15:47:02 CEST 2021

>From this forum post:

https://www.cinelerra-gg.org/forum/everything-else/youtubes-video-edit-with-cingg/#post-1941

I was inspired to try a workflow with a sequence of images.
I took a 32 sec video (in AV1) and rendered it as an OpenEXR image
sequence. The 32 sec video was rendered in 5 seconds resulting in 881
images and a TOC file (test-exr.exrs).
I created a new project in CinGG and imported the files + TOC but
every time I have a crash in the middle of the images (about 480
images).

>From the terminal you can see that all 881 images are indexed, but
then in a second step, it crashes towards the 480th image. The error
is as follows:

    FFMPEG::open_decoder: some stream have bad times:
/home/paz/test-exr/test-exr000001.exr

I attach the terminal lines file and also test-exr.exrs.

I used both "Replace current project and concatenate tracks" and
"Create new resources only". In the first case the images are loaded
in the timeline but the crash happens anyway. I used both AppImage and
Build.

Can you identify/reproduce/resolve the problem?

NOTE: In the terminal output I removed many repetitive lines. The file
"test-exr.exrs" is the TOC file. I have the same crash both trying to
import it into CinGG along with the images and excluding this file.

NOTE 2: same crash with PNG sequence!