[Cin] offtopic: Digitize and record Video with A/D USB adapters

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 22:21:09 CEST 2021

Den 12.10.2021 08:44, skrev Marco Ciampa via Cin:

> The thing is: the analog to digital converters _and_ the digital grabbers
> inside cheap pal/ntsc to usb2 are a crap. If you want a really good
> quality conversion you have to open wide your wallet and buy a really
> expensive grabber just to be sure that it has inside a good (but not so
> expensive in itself) analog to digital converter.
>
> ... or use a cheap external one like this (just an example):
>
> https://www.amazon.com/ZHIYUEN-Adapter-Universal-Converter-Consumption/dp/B07WTV8FGF

More documentation is needed ;)
The requirement was 8-bit color depth and video format (sampling) 4:2:2
throughout the workflow.
The SCART to HDMI A/D converters I've searched fast on so far had
missing information about this (just like the S-video&composite to usb2
converters/grabbers)

> and to capture use one of these:
>
> https://www.amazon.com/IPXOZO-Video-Capture-Card-USB/dp/B08YRWB7VD

The sample grabber supports Video output format: YUV420/JPEG and video
format 8/10/12bit Deep color (?)

Terje J. H