[Cin] libaom 3.2.0

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 23:02:27 CEST 2021

On Tuesday, October 26, 2021, Phyllis Smith via Cin <
cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org> wrote:

> Andrew, thanks so much for keeping up on new releases (including HV which
> I have already downloaded).
> When I boot ubuntu 16 to create the 10/31 release, I will take time to
> test libaom update and hopefully check that in in November.
> I do not plan on upgrading for the dot release of ffmpeg -- that is 4.4.1
> -- not worth the hassle. OK?

well, I guess if there is no errors in decoding/encoding/seeking  with
current 4.4 - then this update is not absolutely needed? I guess most of
concerns with specially broken input  files comes from security/crashing
standpoint, and this problem more pronounced with direct network input,
something we do not do (yet?) inside cin.... Anyway, in theory you can make
megapatch from git between 4.4 and 4.4.1 and apply it first and our other
patches on top of this.. (lesser binary difference compared to
deleting/adding new tarball) - even just as exercise in patching  :-) but
again all this fun better wait for next month, realising we are close to
next monthly release and still have fade dissolve bug open...