[Cin] offtopic: Digitize and record Video with A/D USB adapters

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 16:52:41 CEST 2021

Although I have and have used some Black Magic external tools for this, I'm
also interested in simple and low cost options for Linux workstations.

In a recent article the Augustin VGB100 usb2.0 video adaper and VLC was
used to record video
https://www.arsouyes.org/en/blog/2021/2021-05-17_Numerisation_VHS

Any experience here with similar A/D video adapters, quality and
applications for recording on Linux?.

Second I wonder if some lossless, compressed master video format is
available for better quality before final converting with typical ffmeg?

And third, maybe a stupid question:
Is it possible to record just Audio with an A/D Video adapter, which audio
record format and what quality, compared with a pure Audio adapter?
And if so, can audio record applications like Audiacity be used?

Terje