[Cin] offtopic: Digitize and record Audio via Line-In Jack or via USB adapter?

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 12:37:47 CEST 2021

Math,

I have now ordered Behringer UFO202. For me this audio usb interface looks
to be improved beyond UCA202 Line-IN for tape players to cover also
turntables with a switchable Phono preamp.

There was however expressed some doubt thought in a previous Mint forum
reply (reply) https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=213328

But UFO202 has been listed as Linux compatible here
https://github.com/lpil/linux-audio-interface-compatibility
and rated medium entry level among the 12 best turntable preamps here
https://fatcityturntables.com/best-preamps-for-turntables-buyers-guide-with-reviews/

I expect my (S)VHS VCR decks with Line-Out are still working as tape
player(s) (for my backup music on HQ-VHS tapes transfered from the legacy
reel tapes).

If I get no better loan options for compact cassette and record players, I
have thougt of a new, affordable combined unit, Technaxx TX-22, with
RCA-Out. It can also (standalone) digitize and record mp3 to usb memory
stick at (low) 128 kbps, possibly also set to some better at 256 kbps
bitrate
https://www.technaxx.de/products-detail/?pid=4717&cid=525

Terje