[Cin] offtopic: Digitize and record Video with A/D USB adapters

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 13:50:24 CEST 2021

A previous article also using Easy Cap
https://gordonlesti.com/digitize-a-vhs-tape-with-ffmpeg-and-easycap-on-linux/

Another similar usb video converter, "Cleantt" on Amazon, mentioned as
Linux compatible
https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Converter-Capture-Support-Android/dp/B07QFVNSYJ/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=free+drive+usb+video+capture+card+with+support+for+linux&qid=1632603850&sr=8-5#immersive-view_1632603916288

And in another, more recent article Jancane A/D video usb adapter is rated
as the best among 10 (linux not mentioned)
https://geekydeck.com/best-usb-analog-video-capture/

https://www.audiointerfaces.net/jancane-usb-2-0-audio-video-converter-video-capture-card-digitizes-video-from-any-analog-source-including-vcr-vhs-dvd/

But I haven't yet seen any a/d usb 2.0 adapter that documents something
"better quality" record format than mpegs (possibly DV25) compression.

What I really want is some kind of 4:2:2 sampling rate documented, like i.e
DV50 or other. Neither USB 3.0 adapters is found, which possibly is
neccessary for 4:2:2 FLAC lossless compression?

Comments and other options or suggestions are welcome to clarify the latter
:;

Terje