[Cin] offtopic: Digitize and record Video with A/D USB adapters

mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl
Tue Sep 28 12:47:17 CEST 2021

Hi Terje,

- I would avoid plug-in cards, you are completely dependent on the
  manufacturer's support for Linux drivers. On the other hand, USB
  grabbers usually follow standard USB audio/video rules, and almost
  always work.
- You want grabbing in uncompressed 4:2:2 format (4:4:4 does not make
  much sense for PAL), the datastream is no problem for even USB2 .
- CinGG did not work with my then Easycap grabber, because it could not
  switch it to PAL, and the default after plugging it in was NTSC.
  However, this was a bug in CinGG, VLC worked fine with the same
  device. I did some work on it but never finished it, lack of time.

MatN