[Cin] Build update

mat mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl
Mon Apr 4 15:38:34 CEST 2022

On Mon, 2022-04-04 at 16:18 +0300, Andrew Randrianasulu wrote:
> On Monday, April 4, 2022,  <mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl> wrote:
> > Hi Andrew,
> >

> > In configure.ac is a test for Android with "uname -o" .
> >

> > The -o option is not available in macOS. On Linux and macOS, simply
> >
> > "uname" returns the OS name (Linux or Darwin). Does this work for
> >
> > Termux too (returning Android or at least something where you can
> > act
> >
> > on)?
>
> yeah, 'uname -o' also does not work on netbsd.
>
> on termux I have
>
> $ uname -o
> Android
> $ uname
> Linux
> $

Ok, then a test first with "uname" seems best, if it does not return
"Darwin" then "uname -o" . I can test freeBSD too.

> anyway, on some linux systems (void linux) default shell also
> dislikes += constructs, and I hand-edit configure as created by
> ./autogen.sh  there..
>
> thing  is, bash can be for example in/usr/pkg/bin, (netbsd) or in
> some other location. not sure how to convince autotools to search for
> bash and put this (non-default) interpreter at very first line in our
> configure...

I think many of the thirdparty stuff only works properly with bash too.
So we should detect which system we're running on and make sure bash is
the shell.
Or, if there is no /bin/bash, stop the process. If /bin/bash is
missing, then probably more too.

MatN