[Cin] Build from git

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 19:50:00 CEST 2022

On Thursday, April 7, 2022, Andrea paz via Cin <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>
wrote:

> @Andrew
> I used "git am --whitespace-ignore ..."
> the patches 003, 007 and 0009 give error and I skipped them, the
> compilation was successful and I found no error messages. I don't know
> what to test though: am I using ffmpeg 4.4 or 5, with these patches?
> How do I check it?

I tried to make ./configure --without-thirdparty works, so in this case you
will be using system-wide installation of libv* libs. I heard Arch keep
both  ffmpeg4 and ffmpeg5 (wisely) for now, so you might look at that libs
you have installed and use 'ldd' to see actual ones Cingg linked to.

Default still internal ffmpeg 4.4/static linking with intent to NOT
breaking  this case, so fact it woks as usual in itself quite good news.
You probably will notice bunch of new errors from new  ffmpeg filters
(added in 5.0) at first startup when you successfully compile against
system's ffmpeg 5.0.