[Cin] Build from git

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 11:24:51 CEST 2022

On Sunday, April 10, 2022, Andrea paz <gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I didn't even realize to apply the patches after autogen.sh...

sorry, I mean you need to run autogen.sh after patching configure.ac

from log:

checking for ImfOpenInputFile in -lIlmImf... no
checking for openexr available... no

can you post output of 'pkg-config --libs OpenEXR'?

also be sure you have OpenEXR headers installed

we obviously better to abort configure early in case we want openexr but it
not found on system for dynamic build.. need to figure out some argument
for those macro functions (I read documentation on autotools, just slow to
experiment)

> Still error; I attach cin5.log and config.log
>
> NOTE:
> Reading the config.log I noticed 2 entries that probably have nothing
> to do with the problems encountered, but are 2 critical things in my
> system:
>
> 1- in config.log you refer to ROCM; my video card on Arch has many
> problems with rocm.

I am sorry about this.. I once looked into their codebase.. never moved
past compiling custom llvm...

guess it mostly needed for Opencl > 1.1 and other forms of gpu compute...

2- Arch recently introduced experimental support for LTO in gcc.