[Cin] two patches for vframe.C and trackcanvas.C

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 18:32:54 CEST 2022

Checked into GIT 0001-cppcheck-in-trackcanvas.C.patch -- always a good idea
to initialize variables

> Tried both patches with no problems. No core dumps or error messages.
> Playback is similar to that with CinGG-appimage (without patches).
Andrea, I have attached small test file which crashes every time for me.
This is what I get with the attached test:

> audio0 pad 16 0 (16)
> FFMPEG::open_decoder: some stream times estimated:
> /root/media1/elephants-dream.webm
> FFMPEG::open_decoder: some stream times estimated:
> /root/media1/elephants-dream.webm
> cin: malloc.c:4036: _int_malloc: Assertion `(unsigned long) (size) >=
> (unsigned long) (nb)' failed.
> Aborted (core dumped)

Andrew, keep checking for potential other improvements out there because
you never know what you might find.

In the build system of CGG not all the actual dependencies on the C++ header
> files are defined. It is very likely that a simple `make all' after change
> in some .h header file will recompile some .C files and not recompile some
> other .C files which depend on the changed header.

> To test if it could be the case is easy: a complete fresh build with
> preceding clean-up of all the .o, .a, and .so files.

Thanks for the reminder because it makes a big difference.  Because I have
gotten bit by this so many times, I just routinely do "make clean" and then
run "bld.sh" that way I know I am testing what I think I am AND I get a
coffee break.