[Cin] megapatch series 8

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 21:45:18 CEST 2022

Andrew, I am still working with the megapile_8 so these number will be
different than megapile_10.

No problems adding
0005-EXPERIMENT-update-bdwrite-for-lpcm-hevc.patch    but so far no gain in
it.
EXPERIMENT not ok
0006-EXPERIMENTAL-add-variable-chapter-interval-to-bdwrit.patch
   I was really hoping this would work as it would be a nice addition.
There were multiple problems that I noted:
   - using the default chapter interval in the code, it created 4 chapters
with the first 1 at 5 minutes, but BIg Buck Bunny is only 10:;34 long so
there should only be at most 3 chapters.
   - when playing from the beginning after just sticking the disc in the
player attached to the TV, it suddenly just stopped at about 7 minutes and
then timed out and went back to the player beginning screen
   - if I start the disc again and then fast forward, it does weird stuff.
It does seem to fast forward correctly and the info shows the timing
correctly, but it looks like when it gets to about 7 minutes, it does not
play Big Buck Bunny but goes beyond that and plays some leftover stuff from
a previous disc write (it is a Rewritable Disc because I have to test over
and over and over again when it comes to bluray).

I did look at all other patches that affect bdwrite.C in megapile_8 but see
none that could possibly fix the chapter interval.
These are 0016, 0018, 0019, 0020, 0037, 0046, 0052, and 0056.  Should I
ignore all EXPERIMENTAL patches for bluray?

Also, going in numerical order, I am assuming that
0004-Improve-truehd-decoder-encoder-from-ffmpeg.git.patch   is no longer
needed because the code will be included in ffmpeg 5.1?