[Cin] FreeBSD release

mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl
Thu Apr 21 21:24:39 CEST 2022

On Thu, 21 Apr 2022 19:47:30 +0300
Andrew Randrianasulu <randrianasulu at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, April 21, 2022, <mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl> wrote:
>
> > I tried the FreeBSD 13 pre-built CinGG on a fully updated FreeBSD
> > 13.
> >
> > After installing packages openexr, flac and
> > libsndfile, CinGG failed to start, with weird errors.
>

> be sure you mounted procfs:
>
>  mount - t procfs proc /proc

That was it! It now starts fine, and the plugin directory is
normal.
Is this mount requirement mentioned somewhere? The manual says
to refer to README.txt. there is a README in the bin directory but it
has no information on this.
Would it be possible for CinGG to detect this and give a proper error
message?

> i'll look into pkglist, attached
>

> $ cat pkg_list | grep gtk
> gtk-update-icon-cache-3.24.31 Gtk-update-icon-cache utility from the
> Gtk+ toolkit
> gtk2-2.24.33 Gimp Toolkit for X11 GUI (previous stable version)
> gtk3-3.24.33 Gimp Toolkit for X11 GUI (current stable version)
>

> > - It could not create the .bcast5 directory, although the path it
> > showed in the error message was correct.
> > - It tried to put plugins into /plugin .
> > - And maybe because of that, very many errors on plugins.
> >
> > Certainly the first two should be easy to debug, unfortunately I
> > cannot build from sources. Configure stops at needing gkt2+ . I am
> > running the XFCE desktop, so gtk2 must be present, it is probably
> > some gkt2 development files that are missing.

After install pkgcfg that error was gone.

I still get build errors though. Are you using the blds/bsd.bld script
as it is in the git?

Thanks for the package list, you do have more installed than is on my
test VM.

Is audio working normally for you? According to the preferences, OSS is
used, and there is sound but it is very soft. I see no alsa/pulseaudio
on your list (you can get them by pkg install alsa-utils). But they are
disabled in blds/bds.bld .