[Cin] Documentation on the EDL format

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Thu Apr 28 09:08:09 CEST 2022

On Thursday, April 28, 2022 8:52:23 AM CEST, Andrea paz wrote:
>> If the alternative would be to have validating XML format...
>> than that may be the
>> conclusion.
> Do you think it's feasible to transform CinGG's XML into a more
> standard format? I don't have the knowledge to do this. But if it's
> possible it seems like a good advancement for CinGG.

Format conversion is my professional work, but not audio/video related :)
But I think the main gap is the lack of documentation of the current EDL
format. So if there is a shortlist of formats that should be evaluated, we
should make a gap  between the current data Cinelerra needs and a more
standardised format. Still we can project that format on the Cinelerra
internals, Preventing that we should do a complete rewrite for another data
model. The latter may be a clean up later.

--
Stefan