[Cin] Colors tip from forum

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 10:37:46 CEST 2022

> The purpose of the plugin was to compare different color conversion
> routines for testing.
> The test is moved now to "Video Tests" plugin. Less confusion.
> Einar
Thanks for the responses; glad to hear from you again.
In the CVE readme you mention the internal 16-bit color model. Since
you remain the only deep Cinelerra expert (besides Adam, with whom it
is difficult to interact), may I ask you to explain how color works in
Cinelerra? Is it converted continuously as needed? Does each plugin
make the conversions it needs? What do the color model settings affect
and what are they affected by? Is it possible to implement ICC
profiles? In short, I am not clear about anything related to color
treatment in Cinelerra. This is an issue that we have been dragging
around for years (for example see the thread:
https://www.cinelerra-gg.org/forum/help-video/yuv-to-rgb-conversion-issues/)
but the confusion is total and we can't figure it out.
Few mentions were made many years ago:
https://lists.cinelerra-cv.org/pipermail/cinelerra/2018q4/009903.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/cinelerra@skolelinux.no/msg13761.html