[Cin] ffmpeg 5.1 patches

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 20:24:06 CEST 2022

Good News ! FFmpeg 5.1 now checked into GIT and the end of the month
release will include it.  *The patches were provided by Andrew and plugin
modifications provided by Andrea. * Without the patches provided by Andrew,
this upgrade would have been impossible.  Verification of the build/compile
was done on Fedora, Ubuntu 16 and Debian 9.1 32-bit.  I had to revert to
using the Bluray original Patch2 with line number updates and a couple of
additions in order to actually create Bluray media to play on the Samsung
UHD and LG bluray players connected to the TV.

There may be some undiscovered issues with FFmpeg 5.1 and the patches
because I do not know what bug they actually are meant to fix and how to
effectively test them.

Attached is a short Patch summary which would only be of interest to
programmers.