[Cin] ffmpeg 5.1 patches

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 02:24:06 CEST 2022

Andrew:

> .... Can you explain a bit more on failures you saw with other patch
> version?

About the "newer" patch2 version that I could not get working, here is what
I saw.

1. Applied the new patch2 version as you provided and inside of Cinelerra I
get the Error Message box which reads:  "Error rendering data" right when I
use the File pulldown, choose BD render option, and then hit the "start"
button in the bluray menu that comes up.  In the window where I started
Cinelerra, I see the following:
[MPEGTS muxer @ 0x7ff864050100] Value -1.000000 for parameter 'sdt_period'
out of range [0 - 9.22337e+12]
[MPEGTS muxer @ 0x7ff864050100] Error setting option *sdt_period *to value
-1.
FFMPEG::encode_activate: write header failed /tmp/bd_20220821-115350/bd.m2ts
  err: Numerical result out of range

2.  As you had suggested, I then tried to apply the part of the current
ffmpeg-4.4.patch2 that related to *sdt_period *but did not know enough
about C++ to intelligently apply this part only and that failed.  I tried a
few different variations to no avail so basically gave up but will see if
there is anything else I can try.  (Kind of like I tried all kinds of weird
things for several weeks
just to get OpenExr upgrade by Manuel to work with --without-openexr to no
avail).

BTW, verified that "lpcm" option in Bluray media creation seemed to work.
Did not test tsmuxer or chapters yet.  Was "truehd" applied to ffmpeg 5.1
too and should I try that again as I never could get that patch provided at
4.4 to work?