[Cin] Creating AppImage

mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl
Wed Feb 16 10:53:57 CET 2022

On Fri, 11 Feb 2022 13:56:37 +0700 (+07)
Georgy Salnikov <sge at nmr.nioch.nsc.ru> wrote:

<snip>
> > On Mint 19.3, the PDF is only 701 pages instead of 728 on
>
> The correctly installed TeX system MUST unconditionally produce
> IDENTICALLY typeset pdf pages on ANY computer/OS. If you get
> different number of pages, it means you have some quirks
> (incompleteness) in your TeX installation. For example, if you have
> not installed the 'makeindex' program, you will get neither Index nor
> Glossary sections in pdf. Also, to get the complete pdf result, it is
> necessary to run at least 3 times pdflatex and 3 times makeindex in
> that sequence, as in the translate_manual script.

I could not get in to produce identical PDFs until I deleted the
manual directory, and re-created it from the git. Yet git's diff did
not show any differences...

Anyway, now on Mint 19.3 and Mint 20.3 the same PDFs are produced, with
one strange exception: on Mint 19.3, the last glossary entry about YUV
(quite a large one) is completely missing. Page 695 from the latest git
with Andrea's/Phyllis' changes.
I see no errors in the logs. How can this happen?

On Fedora 35, there are more differences, but I'd like to get this
glossary items solved first. The YUV items is definitely present in the
source .tex file.

Mat