[Cin] libaom 3.2.0 patch1 fixed for arm/linux?

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 20:43:52 CET 2022

On Monday, January 10, 2022, <mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl> wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Jan 2022 19:48:40 +0100
> <mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl> wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > > still, it seems
> > >
> > > cmake_config=echo 'cmake "$$$$@" "$(1)"' > ./configure; chmod +x
> > > ./configure;
> > >
> > > a bit above already does this step, not sure why it failed for you..
> > >

> > Maybe because it does not do it in the root directory of that source.
> > but one deeper?
> > I was away, just started a complete build after "make clean" without
> > my libaom mod to the makefile. We'ĺl see what happens. I left my
> > giflib mod in place.
>
> I am happy to report that the aarch64 version of CinGG builds properly
> here with libaom enabled. The change in the thirdparty Makefile
> compared to the git is now only the added creation of a dummy
> configure script through giflib.cfg_vars .

this is still with my fix for libaom patch, right?

Also,.... does resulting cin binary works? (as in, show gui, allow you
emulated aarch64 machine you want some small video, like 320x240... I
think..)

> I don't know why it failed earlier when enabling libaom, possibly
> because I did not do a full rebuild. I did now, take 5 hours with
> libaom included. I will upgrade my CPU.

if software can do trick - why upgrade hw?  :-)

> It might be worth investigating if cross-compile is an option, e.g.
> build an Linux aarch64 version on Linux 86_64. The tools exists, but I
> don't know if the configure scripts / cmake can handle that.
> Cross-compiling would limit the slow arm emulation to the testing of
> the build products.

supposedly proot can help here:

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2012-03/msg04870.html

 ===
PRoot can also mix automatically the execution of host programs and
the execution of guest programs emulated by QEMU user-mode. It's a
convenient way to speed up build-time by using a cross-compiler
instead of emulating the guest compiler. Even when mixing such
applications, build-systems still believe they are running in a native
guest environment, as a consequence most cross-compilation issues are
avoided by design. For instance, with a typical "./configure" script
(many lines were removed for readability purpose):

    <linux-x86>$ proot -Q qemu-arm /path/to/any/arm-rootfs/

    <linux-arm>$ ./configure
CC=/host-rootfs/opt/devkit/armv7/bin/armv7-linux-gcc
    checking build system type... armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabi
    checking host system type... armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabi
    checking for gcc... /host-rootfs/opt/devkit/armv7/bin/armv7-linux-gcc

===