[Cin] libaom 3.2.0 patch1 fixed for arm/linux?

mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl
Tue Jan 11 16:23:33 CET 2022

1. Attached is the thirdparty Makfile patch to fix the giflib invalid
configure script.

2. I tested video rendering with a 24 seconds 1080p30 yuvj420 file wuth
two channel audio. Loaded as new project. I used the default HD
rendering, and put a radial blur on the video track, without changing
its parameters.
Rendering went OK, but slow: 4 seconds per frame. Not quite ready for
prime time :-) The result played fine in Deb11/aarch64, Fedora35/x86_64
and Mint 19.2/x86_64 , no visible difference from the original.

> I think you already using system mode (full system emulation - so you
> can run NetBsd or MacOS or windows - they see emulated/virtual
> machine to run on..) User-mode qemu run Linux binaries on top of same
> kernel BUT they can belong to another architecture! So overhead can
> be less.. (no mmu emulation). You can edit files inside proot 'vm'
> from host - no need for samba/nfs.

I have macOS in user mode, it runs fine (but need to re-install). It
also ran fine in system mode (since deleted). I have not checked if
there is a speed difference between the two nodes, nothing very
noticable anyway.

I will dig into this proot, maybe it is simpler than a --target option
for all ./configure scripts.

> well, qemu's own docs not very useful at this moment
>
> https://www.qemu.org/docs/master/user/main.html
>
> but Debian's documentation  looks better
> https://wiki.debian.org/QemuUserEmulation
> ===
> This page describes how to setup and use QEMU user emulation in a
> "transparent" fashion, allowing execution of non-native target
> executables just like native ones (i.e. ./program).
> ====

Almost all documentation I find about qemu/libvirt is outdated in some
respects. Execution of a non-native target just like a native one is
not so important I think, as long as the build of CinGG goes alright.

I prefer each VM as a separate window.

MatN