[Cin] libaom 3.2.0 patch1 fixed for arm/linux?

mat mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl
Thu Jan 13 14:41:13 CET 2022

On Thu, 2022-01-13 at 15:50 +0300, Andrew Randrianasulu wrote:

> On Thursday, January 13, 2022, mat <mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2022-01-13 at 14:38 +0300, Andrew Randrianasulu wrote:

> > > I can't comment much on libgif patch (Cingg worked dor me without
> > > it), but my patch only should have effect on Linux/arm, I do not
> > > have suitable chroot for testing, but from stackoverflow answers
> > > it seems __linux__ is right define, even if ANDROID and TERMUX
> > > are all-caps, and *BSD spelled with capitalization too, see
> > > example:
> > > https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_63_0/boost/config/platform/bsd.hpp
> > > )
> >

> > <snip>
> > I tested both again to make sure.
> > === giflib ===
> > Without the giflib change:
> > Makefile:
> > giflib.cfg_params=echo "exec true" > ./configure; chmod +x
> > ./configure;
> > log:
> > CONFIGURING giflib
> > cd giflib* && ./configure echo "exec true" > ./configure; chmod +x
> > ./configure;
> > and the configure file is 0 bytes.
> >
> > With the giflib change:
> > Makefile:
> > giflib.cfg_vars=echo "exec true" > ./configure; chmod +x
> > ./configure;
> > log:
> > CONFIGURING giflib
> > cd giflib* && echo "exec true" > ./configure; chmod +x ./configure;
> > ./configure
> > and the configure file is 10 bytes.
> >
> > So, it builds without the fix because the last cmd is a chmod which
> > return OK.
> > But it is by accident. So the fix should be in the git.
> >
> > There are two more with bad configure files, I will look at them.
> > The Makefile always
> > calls ./configure in the root of the unpacked source directory, so
> > there should be
> > a configure script, which in case of unused, should return true.
> >
> > == libaom patch====
> > The 20220108_Andrew patch for libaom, which changes __LINUX__ to
> > __linux__ is not
> > needed for X86_64 builds, it builds fine with either.
> > However, it fails building on Debian_11/aarch64 compiling
> > libaom_v3.2.0/aom_ports/arm_cpudetect.c .
> >
> > With the patch, which lowercases __linux__, it builds fine.
> >
> > So this fix should be in the git too.
> >

> thanks a lot for time-consuming aarch64 testing!
>
> and yeah, more consistent Makefile always better even for our own
> future reference!

I hope to get it to compile on macOS too, because one programmer wanted
to do that
and he has Apple only. Another programmer would be good.

I am also trying to have migrate the VMs to the system environment, but
is is a steep learning curve,
and any web-found instructions are out of date.
If it runs as system, it might actually be faster. Plus, it might
expose host hardware features,
like vaapi (not on arm, I think).

MatN