[Cin] Crash on playback

mat mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl
Mon Jan 17 11:32:40 CET 2022

The crash is bad, but I can confirm that vdpau playback in the AppImage
does not work.Test procedure (on Mint 20.2):- Make sure that
"vdpauinfo" confirms it is OK. Maybe vdpau is not supported on Redhat,
Fedora_35 does not support either vaapi or vdpau.- From a terminal,
load the CinGG-20211231-multibit.AppImage . In Settings->Prefrences-
>Performance, make sure "HW device" is set to "none".- Load a video of
a format supported by vdpau on your hardware (see output of vdpauinfo).
H.264-main or -high is usually safe.- Play a little of the video. The
terminal CinGG was started from should not show any errors.- Change the
"HW Device" to vdpau. Exit and reload CinGG. Load the same video, play
it a little.I get errors in the terminal:============Failed to open
VDPAU backend libvdpau_radeonsi.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directoryFailed HW device create.dev:vdpau  err: Unknown
error occurredHW device init failed, using SW decode.=============The
shared object file name depends on you hardware.
@Mark, can you confirm vdpau works on your system, outside of CinGG?
Does vdpauinfo say it is OK?Does "HW device" vdpau work in the compiled
version without errors, apart from the crash?
MatN