[Cin] ffmpeg 5.1

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 12:26:47 CEST 2022

вс, 24 июл. 2022 г., 10:17 Andrea paz <gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com>:

> Usual incompetent questions of mine:
> Can I install all the patches together with "git am"?

I did exactly this with patches from massive-update folder on x86 Slackware
- seems to work fine .... But usually patches named 'library.patch*' go
into thirdparty/src folder, then you can git add them and git commit as you
wish ....

Should I rename
> the ones that have the same number? Should the patch ending with
> "*.patch0" be renamed without 0?

Well, I started from patch0 because it was patch essential to building
ffmpeg on termux, yet you can rename patches in same manner as they were
for 4.4 -  just lower patch number by 1 (one).

old ffmpeg.patch3 added some seeking behaviour not present in current
ffmpeg, but file/function it tries to patch moved ...somewhere, not sure
where. So for now I not included incomplete patch - I wonder if it still
needed (patch affects dv and matroska containers, and avi too)