[Cin] Colors tip from forum

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 12:45:49 CEST 2022

пт, 29 июл. 2022 г., 11:18 Andrea paz via Cin <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>:

> From this post by DeJay:
>
> https://www.cinelerra-gg.org/forum/help-video/yuv-to-rgb-conversion-issues/paged/2/#post-2196
> I added the example in the manual. I attach the changes. See if it is okay.

Thanks for picking this up .. I think our color conversion code definitely
will benefit from some audit ... But who is capable of such work? May be as
project should put it on some website where libre programmers hang around?
May be not for free but for some agreed amount of money?

Right now ffmpeg continues to integrate lcms2 so we better to have our
colirs correct (right now I am not even sure if we dither rgba-float
colormodel down to 8 bits (and our display code only handles 8 bit yet) in
best possible way ...)

Also, can anyone test this little y4m output to pre-created fifo file? You
create named fifo, point cingg at this file, choose ffmpeg - y4m output,
start render, in terminal start ffmpeg encoder from this pipe ... And see
how it handles this full/limited range setting