[Cin] Compositor screen stays empty after playing with video fader

mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl
Wed Jun 29 22:56:30 CEST 2022

On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 22:29:23 +0200
mnieuw--- via Cin <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 22:26:11 +0200
> <mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 23:04:44 +0300
> > Andrew Randrianasulu <randrianasulu at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > ср, 29 июн. 2022 г., 22:46 mnieuw--- via Cin
> > > <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>:
> > >

> > > May be type of curves was set to 'bump'?
> >
> > It was not set at all (don't know what de default is). When I set it
> > to "smooth" it is still the same.
> >
> > The video fader is incomplete here when CinGG is started. This also
> > happens on a new build from the current git. Is this a bug or have
> > I set some config wrong?
> > Only when I click on the video fader a few times quickly (maybe
> > double click) the vertical bar and fader line appear. No need to
> > load any video. And it still is on/off positions only.
> >
> > When starting CinGG and simply doing a "safe as" as
> > "test_before.xml", then making the fader bar appear and saving the
> > project under a different name shows a single difference between
> > the two .xml files.
> >
> > In the single video track FADEAUTOS, the value was 1 before the
> > fader was OK, and 100 after.

If I use the 64 bit 2022-05 version on an AMD Phenom II 6 core (Mint
20.2 XFCE) the video fader (and pink line) are there when CinGG is
started. If I start the same version on an AMD 5700G (Mint 20.2 XFCE)
the video fader is wrong and no pink line.

I'ĺl continue testing tomorrow, was a long day. Hopefully the .rc files
show a difference. In any case I need to get this video finished.

MatN