[Cin] Seconds to preroll render

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Tue May 3 23:05:37 CEST 2022

For me it also makes a difference and it should be put into the manual for
sure as a possibility on some computers.  I assume it is based on the speed
to get to the disks??  And there is probably a "sweet spot" for anyone's
specific system.

Here are my observations but not totally scientific based on 64-bit Fedora
31/32.
Input File: Big Buck Bunny with Video Effect brightness/contrast applied;
Play every frame enabled (I got different results when not Play every
frame).
*HP slow laptop* Forward Framerate Achieved = 32 for .5, 1.0, and 2.0
seconds.
  *0.5 *seconds Reverse Framerate Achieved average = *15* and varied from a
low of 9 to a high of 18
  *1.0* seconds Reverse Framerate Achieved average = *18 *and varied from a
low of 15 to a high of 23  -- playing seemed moe consistent
  2.0 seconds Reverse Framerate Achieved average = 17 and varied from a low
of 13 to a high of 23
*AMD gaming laptop* Forward Framerate Achieved = 60 for .5, 1.0 and 2.0
seconds.
*  0.5 *seconds Reverse Framerate Achieved average = *32* and varied from a
low of 19 to a high of 40
  *1.0* seconds Reverse Framerate Achieved average = *36 *and varied from a
low of 28 to a high of 42  -- playing seemed moe consistent
  2.0 seconds Reverse Framerate Achieved average = 35 and varied from a low
of 30 to a high of 43