[Cin] OpenCV, again!

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sun May 22 04:00:51 CEST 2022

Checked the 2 patches by Andrew into GIT.  Both 2018 and 2020 opencv
versions work on Fedora 32 and Ubuntu 16 but I did not test on an older O/S
that had the older cmake.

PS: I was thinking that since compiling the latest version on git
> works (4.5, on https://github.com/opencv/opencv.git), can we try
> putting this in CinGG git? I mean instead of the current version 3.
>
> The whole reason for not updating OpenCV is because of licensing with the
Surf algorithm which is necessary for FindObj to work well.  The later
versions (at that time) had the Surf algorithm removed as no longer
non-free.  So if you can verify that Surf is again free and part of the
released OpenCV version 4.5, then we can certainly upgrade and that would
be very good.