[Cin] two more h264_vaapi profile for cingg

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Thu May 26 02:46:59 CEST 2022

On Thursday, May 26, 2022, Andrew Randrianasulu <randrianasulu at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thursday, May 26, 2022, Andrew Randrianasulu <randrianasulu at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Thursday, May 26, 2022, Phyllis Smith via Cin <
>> cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Checked these 2 into GIT after testing.  About the following:
>>>
>>> Instead "h264_vaapi.mkv" gives me error and no rendering.

>>> I added a message to the format to state that the mkv "only works on
>>> computer that has vaapi capable software and hardware".  I got the same
>>> error message as Andrew on my AMD laptop that does not handle vaapi, but an
>>> old HP laptop has it working.  Not exactly sure that is the correct reason
>>> but it is all I could think of.  Correct me if I am wrong.
>>>

>> may be mkv muxer in ffmpeg more strict (or buggy)?
>>
>> if you try to re-mux vaapi-encoded h264 mp4 into mkv with ffmpeg -i
>> file.mp4 -c:v copy (..other params) file.mkv - does it work?
>>

> at least for some user it was not working in ~2020... may be AMD
> driver/firmware need some support?
>

> https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1107846-start-0.html

ah, googling exact error showed up solution in this bug:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/2351

should be fixed if your mesa has commits from:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/merge_requests/4184/commits

but may be latest nesa reintroduced this bug...?

Also, you can try this bsf metadata option... (not sure how to use it yet)