[Cin] Cingg'divide mode, very divisive!

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 20:45:14 CET 2022

ср, 2 нояб. 2022 г., 22:06 Einar Rünkaru <einarrunkaru at gmail.com>:

> On 02/11/2022 14:53, Andrew Randrianasulu wrote:
> > So, as Igor noticed CinGG's divide and subtract modes do not behave like
> > they behaved in Cin HV/CV/CVE I digged into matter a bit and found few
> > confusing (for me, amateur) things.
>
> I replaced the original Overlayer with new version created by Monty in
> CVE and CVO. May be GG did not replace. This explains the differences.

well, as far as I understand in cingg  part of overlayer logic was pushed
into python script generating C files .... but thankfully equations for
pixel processing remained in .h file.

python thing:
https://git.cinelerra-gg.org/git/?p=goodguy/cinelerra.git;a=blob;f=cinelerra-5.1/guicast/bccmdl.py;h=92499b639f2cca8608a0aab25dc8771473168a11;hb=HEAD

I guess it was a bit boring to write all those new functions  by hand .....

but again, I suspect we have not just single bug but at least few related
changes in how compositing performed. (for example simple grey template
with some pure black squares composites in CinCV with itself just fine, I
mean if you have just one track with this file set to divide mode. Yet
CinGG shows black output. I guess it was intentional, because others
non-photo compositors behave like this (I got plenty of black output
playing with Final Cut Pro 2.0 compositing modes - they had subtract but
not divide, and I got similar {but not identical}  results by flipping
order of tracks in cingg, using same input media files)
)

if you can provide Igor with some ideas how to turn equation I linked into
pixel-processing macro insertable into cingg - I think he will be very
happy even if we here not yet decided what really broken and how to fix
this. I used to run my kernel with patch deemed too unsafe for official
kernel, but it was working acceptably for me. So, having patch or two
fixing unwanted upstream behavior is not crime, just that maintaining
growing list of such patches become task in itself over time ....