[Cin] HDV manual section need some work

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 19:28:37 CET 2022

Den 03.11.2022 16:17, skrev Andrew Randrianasulu:

> чт, 3 нояб. 2022 г., 17:52 Terje J. Hanssen <terjejhanssen at gmail.com>:
>

>     Den 03.11.2022 01:42, skrev Andrew Randrianasulu via Cin:
>>

>>     чт, 3 нояб. 2022 г., 03:34 Andrew Randrianasulu
>>     <randrianasulu at gmail.com>:
>>

>>         чт, 3 нояб. 2022 г., 03:14 Andrew Randrianasulu
>>         <randrianasulu at gmail.com>:
>>
>>             I think we can add some clarification
>>
>>             ---
>>

>>               HDV on a Blu-ray Disc Without Re-encoding
>>
>>             An MTS file is a video file saved in the high-definition
>>             (HD) MPEG Transport Stream video format, commonly called
>>             AVCHD. It contains HD video compatible with Blu-ray disc
>>             format and is based on the MPEG-2 transport stream. MTS
>>             files are often used by Sony, Panasonic, Canon and other
>>             HD camcorders. Legal input for Video – MPEG1VIDEO,
>>             MPEG2VIDEO, H264; Audio – MP1, MP2, AC3, AC3PLUS, DTS,
>>             TRUHD.
>>
>>             Note, mp2 and mp1 audio codecs are valid for transport
>>             stream itself but not as on-disk format for Blu-Rays.
>>
>>             In this case you still can save original video by using
>>             ffmpeg's switches
>>
>>              -c:v copy -c:a ac3 , while outputting into another
>>             temporal ts container.
>>
>>             {waiting for Terje's results on pcm_bluray case}
>>

>>             ---
>>

>>             I think all m2ts files you used for testing were h264/aac
>>             (or ac3), not from-camcoder HDVs with mpeg2 video/mp2 audio.
>>
>>             you can try HDV-in-mov from this folder as ffmpeg test
>>             file, I think
>>
>>             http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/mov/FCP/
>>

>>         oh, this is not mp2 audio but pcm audio. And ..not exactly
>>         kind of pcm used on blurays!
>>
>>         so this line work, note mpegts_m2ts_mode switch for enabling
>>         more bluray like output, without it ffmpeg will mux audio
>>         into private stream -  good luck getting it back!
>>
>>         ffmpeg -i  HDV_1080i50.mov -c:v copy -c:a pcm_bluray
>>         -mpegts_m2ts_mode 1 hdv.mts
>>
>>         then tsmuxer recognizes mts file as below:
>>
>>         ~/tsMuxer $ tsmuxer hdv.mts
>>         tsMuxeR version 2.6.16-dev. github.com/justdan96/tsMuxer
>>         <http://github.com/justdan96/tsMuxer>
>>         Track ID:    4113      Stream type: MPEG-2
>>         Stream ID:   V_MPEG-2
>>         Stream info: Profile: Main at 6. Resolution: 1440:1080i. Frame
>>         rate: 25
>>         Stream lang:
>>
>>         Track ID:    4352
>>         Stream type: LPCM
>>         Stream ID:   A_LPCM
>>         Stream info: Bitrate: 1536Kbps  Sample Rate: 48KHz  Channels:
>>         2  Bits per sample: 16bit
>>         Stream lang: eng
>>
>>         Duration: 00:00:08.000
>>
>>         ====
>>
>>         I wonder if you can cp this file few times and then cat them
>>         back together for simulating longer video ) ?
>>

>>     https://github.com/OpenShot/openshot-qt/issues/3428#top
>>
>>     this one contain real very short hdv sample with mp2 sound
>>
>>     http://twenkid.com/os/3.m2t
>>

>     I can try to dig and test further into this matter later this
>     month - or possibly more realistic next month.
> [...]

I forgot one question:
Will it be possible and how to access and use ffmpeg-5.x included with
Cin-GG in a terminal as usual?

The latest openSUSE Leap 15.4 distro I use, has so far no official
ffmpeg-5.x package or codec enabled from Packman.
I have add-installed ffmpeg-5.1.2 from OBS (Open Build Service), but
don't know if it works.