[Cin] shared build fix for my Slackware

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 20:02:37 CET 2022

ср, 9 нояб. 2022 г., 21:39 Andrea paz <gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com>:

> > Can you confirm
> > --without-thirdparty --disable-libdpx --without-libdpx --without-lv2
> --disable-static-build
> > also still works?
> >
> I don't know if my test has any value, since I did it on 64-bit Arch.

this is exactly why I asked for your help - my single system may work ok,
but what about unintended sideeffects?

Thankfully, you found none, so may be Phyllis will give this  patch another
spin with few more old and new distros, and may be add to git if no issues
surface.

However the build with patching and disabling thirdparty, etc gave no
> errors and some simple editing test showed no problems.
> The only errors involved loading OpenCL plugins:

I thought about this, some plugins probably need two sources for operation
(as overlay), but may be simpler ones can be forced to work by setting
filtering_device to opencl somehow? Ffmpeg itself provides option for
setting filtering device independent from decode/encoding device:

filter_hw_device option. from  https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html
"
filter_hw_device name

Pass the hardware device called name to all filters in any filter graph.
This can be used to set the device to upload to with the hwupload filter,
or the device to map to with the hwmap filter. Other filters may also make
use of this parameter when they require a hardware device. Note that this
is typically only required when the input is not already in hardware frames
- when it is, filters will derive the device they require from the context
of the frames they receive as input.

This is a global setting, so all filters will receive the same device."

----

but this is idea for another day