[Cin] HDV files at archive.org

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 22:43:43 CET 2022

Den 10.11.2022 20:20, skrev Andrew Randrianasulu:

> [...]
>

>     Den 10.11.2022 14:56, skrev Andrew Randrianasulu:
>>

>>     чт, 10 нояб. 2022 г., 14:18 Terje J. Hanssen
>>     <terjejhanssen at gmail.com>:
>>

>>         Den 10.11.2022 01:09, skrev Andrew Randrianasulu:
>>>

>>>         чт, 10 нояб. 2022 г., 00:17 Terje J. Hanssen
>>>         <terjejhanssen at gmail.com>:

>>>             Just to mentione that I downloaded the latter file,
>>>             B01C013.mpg
>>>
>>>             and checked its video format with
>>>
>>>             mediainfo reported
>>>              FileExtension_Invalid                    : ts m2t m2s
>>>             m4t m4s tmf ts tp trp ty
>>>

>>>         yeah, extension IS wrong
>>>

>>>             ffmpeg -v error -i B01C013.mpg -f null - 2>error.log
>>>             and
>>>             cat error.log
>>>             [mpeg2video @ 0x55989aae8500] Invalid frame dimensions 0x0.
>>>                 Last message repeated 12 times
>>>             [mpeg2video @ 0x55989ad2c980] 00 motion_type at 11 13
>>>             [mpeg2video @ 0x55989ad2c980] Warning MVs not available
>>>

>>>         I think those are there because file was force-cut by byte
>>>         boundary, not by frame/content boundary?
>>>
>>>         you can try some other files if you have bandwidth to burn :)
>>>

>>>             I don't know if the above imply anything, but the small
>>>             "3.m2t" file had none such error messages ......?
>>>

>>         About the same errors for  another FX1_01.mpg
>>         FileExtension_Invalid
>>         [mpeg2video @ 0x5598692b9500] Invalid frame dimensions 0x0.
>>             Last message repeated 2 times
>>         [mpeg2video @ 0x55986953ccc0] invalid cbp -1 at 74 53
>>         [mpeg2video @ 0x55986953ccc0] Warning MVs not available
>>
>>         The first I would expect the first is due to change from M2T
>>         transport stream to internet MPG program stream(?)
>>

>>     well, I hoped internet archive uploader will not change files
>>     just because, but who knows, may be it changed more than
>>     extension ....
>
>     On of previous discussion of some interest
>     https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/general-hd-720-1080-acquisition/96546-difference-between-m2t-mpg.html
>

>>         By the way, when I'm home again I have my own true HDV
>>         1080i.m2t from FX7E to test on, beside the downloaded 2008xxx.m2t
>>
>>         And next month CinGG app release will include the interlace
>>         patched bdwrite, right?
>>

>>     I am not sure my idea is good, considering I do not know how to
>>     detect those pulldown flags ... If your camera has this 'film'
>>     mode it will be interesting to get sample ....
>>

>     No, my HDR-FX7E uses consumer standard 1080i at 50i (25 fps) or
>     HDV2 (Sony/Canon). The other type was 720p or HDV1 (JVC)
>     The first HDV 1080i camcorder to implement recording progressive
>     video within an interlaced stream,was the Sony HVR-V1
>     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDV#HDV_1080i
>
>     I certainly do not understand the problem regarding bdwrite. If
>     automatic detection of interlaced video cannot be recognized i.e
>     via ffmpeg, possibly the user can tell it the same way NLE's
>     pre-requisit.
>

> well, I'll try to add manual switches to bdwrite then.
> Plain interlace probably not a problem, but this weird patterned

In case it add more information of interest to this, I add two related
forum url's, and one to an illustrative HDV primer:

Canon (2007)
https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/267096-Canon-hv20-24p-hdv-and-recommended-capture-method#post1597275
"The HV20 can shoot 24p and the camera applies 3:2 pulldown when it
records to tape, so the playback rate ends up at 29.97 fps needed for TV
playback. You can remove pulldown in post to get back to 24 fps."

JVC
https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/119429-what-difference-between-shooting-24p-24pa.html#post860611
"First, let me specify that 24PA (Advanced pulldown) only exists in DV
mode. There is no option in HDV mode." (more .....)

Sony HDV Progressive Primer (pdf, 2008)
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiWgJ2-zbz7AhUpQ_EDHXRLDmwQFnoECCoQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sony-asia.com%2Fmicrosite%2Fprofessional%2Fhdv%2Fpdf%2FHDV_Progressive_Primer.pdf&usg=AOvVaw3JpHkRtyx2TCkYydkiMDev