[Cin] Cutting mkv causes video to stop at cut points

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 01:47:51 CET 2022

Stefan,
Andrea has the best suggestion as I know nothing about mkv.  You might try
using Settings->Transcode with a Scale of 1 for at least your editing
work.  This is just an uneducated guess, but as Andrea pointed out in BT
#137 seeking may be the problem -- when you use Transcode with a scale of 1
CinGG adds in "keyframes (a different kind of keyframes than what you
expect) which make seeking work better.  This is discussed in:
   https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/CinelerraGG_Manual/Transcode.html
To quote from that:

> The BIGGEST gain from using this is if you have media that is not seekable ,
> that is, you can play it from the beginning but can not move to another
> spot and have the audio or video play correctly. A video file with no
> keyframes makes seeking next to impossible, but then a Transcode generally
> adds these keyframes. This is particularly useful for the mkv container,
> which often has seek problems.