[Cin] MIDI control surface in CinGG

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Mon Oct 3 14:50:15 CEST 2022

Andrea started the following thread on the forum.

<https://www.cinelerra-gg.org/forum/forum-hardware/using-midi-control-surface-in-cingg/>

I obtained quite a cheap DJ Controller. My ambition was to use it with
Cinelerra for editing. I was quite surprised it was actually MIDI based. I
have tested midi2input, it has a steep learning curve. But given they have
examples how to do it for kdenlive and olive, it is an engineering approach
in making a device available.

>From what I have seen from "Mixxx" which fully integrates with multiple
midi devices, having an integrated mapping would make sense. But that would
also suggest to have they keyboard mapping as a first class citizen as
well.

--
Stefan