[Cin] MIDI control surface in CinGG

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Tue Oct 4 20:20:28 CEST 2022

On Tuesday, October 4, 2022 7:49:01 PM CEST, Phyllis Smith wrote:
> It is not obvious to me -- are you saying that based on
> Andrea's forum thread, you were able to get your Midi working
> with Cinelerra?

Based on Andrea's post I have evaluated the midi2input code. Which is
capable of creating keyboard input, and is able to have application
profiles. Hence the input may be different per active X11-application. As
long as the application supports keyboard input, it works. I have tested
the generic output, and that just works. I don't know all keyboard mappings
for Cinelerra, but lets say I am going to make a mapping.

With regards to applying the midi patch, I have not tried that. But would
be interesting to do so. From what I saw the midi work is very device
specific, thus requires mapping. I like how old games worked and an
operation could just be assigned using the 'next' event on the bus. But
this is far beyond the work we should invest now.

--
Stefan