[Cin] random console ffmpeg prog

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 20:16:48 CEST 2022

пт, 21 окт. 2022 г., 21:11 Phyllis Smith <phylsmith2017 at gmail.com>:

>> and all this because adventurious user 'goat' reported he had better luck
>> with cin-gg on arm  single-board computer under Wayland/Xwayland - namely
>> timeline scrolling performance.
>> --
>>
> Wow, that is interesting and I really wonder why that would be -- it must
> be some implementation feature of Wayland ?

I think yes? On most modern systems X server uses 3d acceleration via
glamour module, and 3d part on those singleboard computers tend to use even
more weird layout for their buffers - so you can't just read texture via
cpu (memcpy), it must be detiled, sometimes in software ... and wayland
does some of this via dma-bufs (?) kernel level shared buffer
implementation .. so it can do things not defined or allowed in Opengl/egl

or so I gathered from forums ....