[Cin] oops apparently 'subtract' mode is broken!

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 20:54:30 CEST 2022

On Sun, Sep 25, 2022 at 4:15 AM Andrew Randrianasulu <
randrianasulu at gmail.com> wrote:

> so I am officially confused!
>
> according to this
>
> https://emptyeasel.com/2008/11/14/layer-modes-part-three-difference-addition-subtraction-darken-lighten/
>
> color inversion in subtract mode IS normal thing.
>
> yet in original Cin something else happens ....
>

> may be Phyllis can replace our original red-green square  images with
> full-color gradients + photo, so effect will be more natural? Or add this
> into new appendix .....
>
> As suggested, I included in the Manual (just checked into GIT) another set
of illustrations for the 30 Overlays using full-color gradient + photo.  In
looking on the web for comparison and additional information, I hope it is
correct with the known guard problem with Subtract.  In comparing to the
only 7 that are in HV 4.6.1, I found 2 other differences.  See attached for
"Divide" and "Min".