[Cin] fileexr/fileppm direct copy support
phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 03:08:34 CEST 2022
Checked into GIT source, the 4 patched files of fileexr.C/.h and
fileppm.C/.h after testing both.
чт, 27 окт. 2022 г., 18:54 Andrea paz <gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com>:
>> > try to render first exr sequence (from any source) . Set EXR
>> compression to some cpu intensive choice.
>> > Then load this sequence and in rendering dialog only change name of
>> sequence, so it will create new set of images.
>> > Try last step with patched and unpatched cingg.
>> These are exactly the steps I took. I used "none" or "RLE" compression
>> with the same results. I also tried rendering a tiff sequence still
>> with the same results (21 fps).
> may be slow cpu on my tablet makes bigger difference? Note, I used ZIP
> There is a speed-up on the second render, to the point of almost
instantaneous when very minimal changes are made even on a relatively new
laptop (only 4 years old). And a speed up when an effect is added to 1/4
of the video.
Andrea, you can try these exact steps:
1) mkdir /tmp/ppm1 and mkdir /tmp/ppm2 and mkdir /tmp/ppm3 in a window
2) start cinelerra (with the 2 patchsets having been built in) then load
with replace a video
3) render that video entire project using ppm sequence (render to /tmp/
4) load just the ppm sequence you created in step 3 (load with replace /tmp/
5) now just render this using ppm sequence and this time to /tmp/*ppm2*
it should be really fast
6) for testing purposes, add an effect to a small section of the video
loaded in step 4 and now render to /tmp/*ppm3.*a.ppm and it will still be
faster than the original ppm1 but not as fast as in step 5 because it can
only direct copy the unmodified portion of the video as opposed to where
the effect is
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cin