[Cin] Compile Cin from source, but make errors out

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 00:09:40 CEST 2022

ср, 14 сент. 2022 г., 23:42 Miroslav Rovis <miro.rovis at croatiafidelis.hr>:

> On 220914-20:36+0300, Andrew Randrianasulu wrote:
> > attached two git diff files
> >
> > first is fixing your compile error, second requires manually adding
> > libtiff-4.4.0.tar.xz source tarball from libtiff's homepage into
> > thirdparty/src
> >
> > it compiles here on termux/aarch64 but might error out on different
> > (especially older) systems ....
> >

> My system is not old, it's B550 based MBO with AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 4750G.

sorry, I meant software components .... sometimes "cmake version in still
supported distro just too old for new version of software component" really
prevents us from just upgrading this component - guess we are a bit
conservative here ...cutting edge when possible, known-working version
otherwise ..or so we try!

> I previously only edited the Makefile and it compiled, and I ran it.
>
> But now I did it the proper way:
> patch -p1 < 0001-Potentially-fix-libtiff-compilation.patch
> patch -p1 < 0002-upgrade-libtiff-to-4.4.0.patch
>
> and I placed manually this:
> cinelerra-5.1/thirdparty/src/tiff-4.4.0.tar.xz
>
> and ran my script. It compiled fine, and I expect it will work fine.
>
> I it will not work, I'll report back, or if I have other issues.

thanks a lot!