[Cin] Issues related to Motion Plugin

Miroslav Rovis miro.rovis at croatiafidelis.hr
Tue Sep 27 21:08:19 CEST 2022

On 220927-19:36+0200, Miroslav Rovis wrote:
> [...]
> On Sun, 25 Sep 2022, Miroslav Rovis wrote:
>
> > > Phyllis has such a very shaky example. May be, I have yet a cingg project to
> > > stabilize it using Motion plugin keyframes. Should I search for it?
> > If you think so.
>
> Miroslav, in attachment you find the archive. Unpack it, there are two
> files: the source video clip, and the cingg project file. This is a rather
> difficult example not only because of strong shaking. Moreover, the video is
> taken perhaps from a moving car, so the landscape itself in the viewport is
> changing. The example project demonstrates the possibility of the Motion
> plugin to switch from one key part of image to another as the former part
> goes off the viewport, becomes obscured or changes shape. This is not
> smoothing video, but freezing it. The result is not completely still, but
> additionally applying vidstab to it perhaps should improve the result once
> more. To test, do the following after unpacking:
>
> Open shaker2.xml (replace current project)
>
> Make sure: Motion and Time Average must be off
> Rewind to the beginning
> Uncheck 'Play track'
>
> Open Motion controls dialog
> Action: Do Nothing
> Calculation: Save coords to tracking file
> Scroll timeline forward, set cursor after the next keyframe
> Action: Do Nothing
> Calculation: Save coords to tracking file
> Repeat that for all the rest keyframes (total of 4)
> Close Motion controls dialog
>
> Rewind to the beginning
> Switch Motion on
> Check 'Play track'
> Play forward up to the end
>
> Video will be still very shaky.
> The file 'motion-shaker4' will appear in /tmp
>
> Uncheck 'Play track'
> Rewind to the beginning
>
> Open Motion controls dialog
> Action: Stabilize Subpixel
> Calculation: Load coords from tracking file
> Scroll timeline forward, set cursor after the next keyframe
> Action: Stabilize Subpixel
> Calculation: Load coords from tracking file
> Repeat that for all the rest keyframes (total of 4)
> Close Motion controls dialog
>
> Rewind to the beginning
> Switch Motion on
> Switch Time Average on
> Check 'Play track'
> Render project
>
> Now compare the result of rendering with the original one.

> Some of my examples to apply ffmpeg's vid.stab is as follows:
>
> rm transforms.trf
> ffmpeg -i video-src.mp4 -c:v rawvideo -filter:v vidstabdetect -an -f null -y /dev/null
> ffmpeg -i video-src.mp4 -c:v libx264 -filter:v vidstabtransform,unsharp=5:5:0.8:3:3:0.4 -b:v 12000k -b:a 192k -ac 2 -ar 48000 -y video-dst.m4v
>
> Regards
> Georgy
>
> Georgy Salnikov
> NMR Group
> Novosibirsk Institute of Organic Chemistry
> Lavrentjeva, 9, 630090 Novosibirsk, Russia

Hi Georgy, Phillis and the team!

Here's how my tentative with the shaker2.xml and the video went:
https://croatiafidelis.hr/foss/cap/cap-220925-cinelerra/pg-220926-motion.php
The files necessary are there (as I got them in email that
missed to be sent to Cin ML).

Why it did not produce the expected result? (I haven't examined
the XML-after yet, but it's available on the page.)

And I can also try and see if I can do better with the files at:
https://www.cinelerra-gg.org/media/demos/stabilize/

Regards!