[Cin] armv7 problem

mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl
Fri Sep 30 17:08:49 CEST 2022

On Wed, 28 Sep 2022 01:30:22 +0300
Andrew Randrianasulu <randrianasulu at gmail.com> wrote:

> вт, 27 сент. 2022 г., 22:37 <mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl>:
>
> > I got it to build.
> >
> > Configure options:
> > --with-single-user
> > --with-booby
> > --disable-dav1d (because av1 has code written in x86 assembly).
> > --without-vaapi (hw accell does not work on this machine)
> > --without-vdpau
> > --without-nv
> > --without-wintv
> > --without-x10tv
> > --disable-libaom (there seem to be "always inline" functions
> > that causes problems with arm_neon.h and other files.
> > --disable-libwebp
> >
> > CinGG loads fine, menus work.
> > Audio can be loaded and played, but no
> > sound output. This is not a CinGG error, something with the machine
> > low-level config. Even speaker-test does not work. Alsa config seems
> > OK, output does not go to HDMI monitor.
> >
> > Video (tried short 720p video) can be loaded, but as soon as you do
> > anything CinGG is terminated with a "bus error".
>

> oh, fun! probably something unaligned  ... can you gdb? ) also try to
> disable x11 direct checkbox.

Interesting. dmesg showed indeed an alignment problem.
Running it under gdb showed 0x012c24a8 in ff_yuv420p_to_rgba_neon ()

Consequently I manually set up the format to RGB instead of RGBA, and
loaded the video from resources. It does play, but the speed is not
impressive. About 1 frame/s :-) . It does not matter if I use X11 or
GL, except GL gives a higher CPU utilisation. With X11, CPU utilisation
is about 50%, and the hairline cursor keeps jumping back for about a
second each time, but the end value you see slowly increasing.

This was a static build. I'll try a dynamic build next.

MatN