[Cin] Cinelerra-GG packages build farm

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 09:01:25 CET 2023

сб, 2 дек. 2023 г., 10:20 Андрей Спицын <spitsyn.andrey at gmail.com>:

> Hello Phyllis, Terje and Andrew
>
> Thanks for testing!
>
> I have some experience with rpm-based systems. Why does dnf select the
> i686 architecture in the first place? On Debian based systems, apt selects
> the original architecture of the system by default.
>
> Andrew, I think the spec file should be architecture agnostic. Otherwise
> I'll have to patch it when I add i686 or arm64 builder.

may be ?_isa macro from rpm 4.6.0 can help?

https://rpm-software-management.github.io/rpm/manual/arch_dependencies.html

==== copy ====

ISA Dependencies

In rpm 4.6.0, the concept of ISA (Instruction Set Architecture) was
introduced to permit differentiating between 32- and 64-bit versions
without resorting to file dependencies on obscure and/or library-version
dependent paths. To declare a dependency on a package name architecture
specific, append %{?_isa} to the dependency name, eg

Requires: libbar-devel%{?_isa} >= 2.2

This will expand to libbar-devel(archfamily-bitness) depending on the build
target architecture, for example a native build on x86_64 would give

Requires: libbar-devel(x86-64) >= 2.2

but with –target i386 (or i586, i686 etc) it would become

Requires: libbar-devel(x86-32) >= 2.2

Note that this requires all the involved packages must have been built with
rpm >= 4.6.0, older versions do not add the necessary name(isa) provides to
packages.
== copy end ===
it seems that rpm 4.6.0 surfaced in 2009 ...

https://lwn.net/Articles/318586/